The Center for Digital Agriculture, AIFARMS, and CROPPS are co-hosting a 8-week on-site summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This program will bring together students, particularly those from underrepresented communities to work on cutting-edge projects. Students will work on specific research projects under the guidance of a paired research mentor. This is a paid opportunity for students to get a hands-on novel research experience in technologies to address global agriculture challenges.
Applications and Admissions
We invite you to apply to the CDA/AIFARMS/CROPPS REU if you are:
- At least 18 years-old by the program starting date, and
- cumulative GPA of 3.0+/4.0
- Rising juniors, seniors, and outstanding sophomores majoring in computer science/engineering, agricultural or biological engineering, electrical engineering, animal science, crop science, life sciences, or related areas.
- Students interested in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, sensors, drones, or programable plant systems are strongly encouraged to apply.
We strongly encourage the participation of traditionally underrepresented ethnic groups, and under-resourced communities,
The deadline to submit your application is March 1, 2022
Decisions will be made, and applicants will receive notification of acceptance status between April 1 – April 14, 2022
- Online application: January 27 – March 1, 2022
- Program dates: June 2 – July 26, 2022