WHO WE ARE
The Center for Digital Agriculture (CDA) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign was formed to help agricultural producers, researchers, and industries keep pace with the ways technology is transforming how we feed and support a growing global population. Increased global productivity and sustainability requires technical innovations that involve CDA’s primary themes: Automation, Data, Animals and Crops, and People.
CDA’s mission is to enable multidisciplinary research as well as education and outreach involving agricultural, biological, food, consumer, economic, and environmental researchers together with computer science, electrical, civil, mechanical, and other engineering fields.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a teaching assistant, you will be working with the CDA Educational Programs leadership team and be responsible for coordinating online-course conversion projects with faculty across participating departments (ABE, CPSC, CS). This includes reviewing and organizing course materials, helping faculty with video recording and editing for the lectures, and preparing additional material with directions from faculty as necessary as well as helping migrate Blackboard or Moodle course sites to Canvas.
This position is open to all students from any campus department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation must be May 2022 or later
- Must be a full-time enrolled student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign at the time of employment
- Must be available to work full time during Summer 2021
- Preference will be given to graduate-level students. Undergraduates with experience will be considered on a case by case basis as interns.
- Strong ability to maintain clear communication with leadership on project status
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage several projects at once
- Strong multitasking, time management and production skills
- Ability to self-manage timelines and complete projects in a timely manner
- Ability to quickly grasp a basic understanding of complex technologies such as video recording and editing software
- Being creative and flexible with projects
NICE TO HAVE
- Prior experience with Automation, Data, Animals and Crops, and People courses
- CS+X majors, or dual majors in the CDA theme areas
- Have previous teaching assistantship experience
For your application, please prepare a resume and cover letter explaining how your experience makes you a good fit for this position. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Hourly wage will be the standard TA rate and will be paid by the University of Illinois. Pending successful performance reviews, the internship can continue through multiple semesters.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
For further information regarding our application procedures, you may visit www.ncsa.illinois.edu or email NCSA-HR@illinois.edu.