All students who apply to the UIUC CDA REU must be:
- Citizens of the United States or permanent residents.
- Enrolled in a degree program (part-time or full-time) leading to a baccalaureate degree in engineering, computer science, crop/plant science, biology, animal science, agricultural sciences, technology management, or other related majors.
- In good academic standing. There is no minimum GPA requirement for the program.
- Available full-time during the program.
- At least 18 years of age by the start date of the program.
Other considerations for student applicants:
- Students do not need to have previous programming experience. Students will be matched to projects taking past experience into account.
- Preference will be given to rising juniors who have completed their sophomore year by the program’s start. All other student levels are welcome to apply and will be considered.
- Priority will be given to populations historically underrepresented in STEM, including those from minority-serving institutions (MSIs)—such as Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs), and schools with low levels of research activity, including community colleges, applying from outside of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.