Online applications are due by February 16, 2023, to receive full consideration for the program. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all projects are filled.
A complete online application includes the following:
- Filling out all required fields in the application form
- A 1-2 page personal statement, including interests to explore and career aspirations. The prompts below are some suggestions of things you could potentially include in your personal statement.
- What sparked your interest in technology and/or agriculture?
- Describe an experience that has impacted your professional interests.
- Define your understanding of the role of technology in agriculture. How do you anticipate that changing in the future?
- What do you most want to learn about that you don’t have access to in your current educational program?
- What are your academic and professional goals, and how would participating in the UIUC CDA REU program help you achieve those goals?
- If you have computer skills (for example, knowledge of programming languages), please be sure to include this in your resume and describe it in your statement.
- Advice on preparing personal statements can be found here.
- Official or unofficial transcript from the student’s current institution. If your school offers it, electronic transcripts will be accepted
- Offers of REU program admission will go out by email on a rolling basis, so apply early. Students will then be asked to accept offers. After all, positions are filled, any remaining applicants will be notified by email.
- Once the REU program offer is accepted, an REU students is obligated to complete the summer fellowship (all 10 weeks) program and meet the program requirements.
- The numberer of applications accepted depends on funding availability.
If you have any questions about the program or application please email Christina Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org